Our current rollout plans for the new interface are approximately as follows:
- Right now, users logging into the web interface at
http://www.fastmail.fm are now shown a welcome message saying that
the new interface is available, and a link at the top right of the
screen allows you to immediately switch between the new and old
- When the user makes a change by clicking the link, it's remembered
as a preference in the users account, so that next time they login,
it uses the same interface they last used (this preference is also
visible and changeable on the Options -> Account
- We'll be leaving the link & the welcome message for about 1-2 weeks
to give most users a chance to see it any try it out and make a
- After that, we'll remove the link & message, but leave the
preference on the Options -> Account Preferences screen so
people can change at any time
- The old interface is not going away in any short term. We plan
to keep it for at least 6-12 months. After that time, we'll see how
many people are still using it and why, and either try to make
changes to the new interface to accommodate those people, or keep
the old interface around for longer. We don't want to leave anyone
in the lurch.
- All new signups are now defaulting to using the new interface
We think that there's a lot of improvements with the new interface and hope users like it. We know that we can't please everyone with every change, but we recommend that people give the new interface a go for at least a few days to get used to it before making a final decision.
Old interface issue: Unfortunately the initial rollout caused an issue with the old interface and Internet Explorer not working properly, that's now been fixed.