After the success of our advent calendar series last year, the FastMail team have semi-willingly subjected ourselves to the crazy business of writing a blog post a day for 24 days again this year!
We have been blogging more things as they happen this year, so there's less news to announce, but we have a mix of deeply technical, informative, or just plain amusing things to write about. It's going to be a fun ride.
I'm starting the series with something I wrote back in June, but didn't publish at the time. It's been sitting in the drafts bin since!
Come back every day before Christmas for new posts. This page will be updated with links to all the posts as they appear.
- A tangled path of workarounds (or why CardDAV took so long)
- FastMailʼs Homepage Through The Ages
- The search for a faster CRC32
- Time-saving Templates
- Reverse ACLs - making IMAP LIST fast
- Getting the most out of hardware
- How I came to use FastMail and still love using it today (a non-tech user’s point of view)
- How to stop a DDoS attack
- 5 Tips and Tricks
- The Design of a Good Credit Card Form
- The Zebra - firewall manager
- Even Batman has a Butler (and so should you)
- Doing it the hard way
- The colour run
- The anatomy of a good date and time widget
- ImapClone - Invisible Migration
- The endless battle against spam
- How you use FastMail
- Chatbot inteviews: Helen
- Sanitising HTML – the DOM clobbering issue
- Building a backup system for Cyrus
- The year of the Cyrus Foundation
- The JMAP momentum builds
- Note to self — IMAP notes are go!