Calendar now available on beta.fastmail.fm for testing
We're very excited to have released the web UI for our new calendar on to our beta server for public testing at https://beta.fastmail.fm.
To access, simply log in to your FastMail account at https://beta.fastmail.fm and select "Calendar" from the menu in the
Note: The calendar is only available when you log in to the new user interface (the default). If you use the “Classic” user interface (by explicitly selecting it at login time or because you have an older browser like IE6/7 which doesn’t support the new interface) the calendar will not be available. We currently have no plans to port the calendar to the classic user interface.
Tips and tricks
- Open the settings and select the new Calendar panel to enable a few
advanced features, create new calendars and make sure your time zone
is set correctly
- You can drag and drop events to move them (or hold down alt whilst
dragging to copy).
- There are keyboard shortcuts for navigating (try j/k, or hit g), and
also for the buttons in the action bar at the top (hover over the
button to get a tooltip with the shortcut).
Sync to mobile/calendar software (CalDAV)
You can also sync your calendar with your mobile device as long as your device supports the CalDAV protocol (iOS supports it natively, Android requires a separate program, CalDAV-Sync works well, it costs around US$2). The required details are:
- Server: https://caldav.messagingengine.com/ (https is required)
- Authentication: You must authenticate using your full FastMail
username (including domain) and password
Most clients should correctly auto-discover your calendars. If that fails, you might need to setup the full CalDAV path in your client which is:
Make sure you replace fullfastmailusername@domain with your full FastMail username and domain.
Not all service levels have access to the Calendar features.
Available to all levels except legacy Guest and Member accounts (at the moment, the link is shown but events will not save; we will improve the UI here to make it clear that the calendar is not available to these service levels)
- Enhanced and Premier level accounts (Personal/Family)
- Standard, Professional and Enterprise level accounts (Business)
That is, these levels do not have CalDAV access: Guest, Member (legacy). Lite, Full (Personal/Family). Basic (Business)
Current known issues and missing features
We’re actively working on all these issues.
- There are currently some layout issues in older browsers. Supported
browsers for now are: Chrome 21+, Firefox 22+, Opera 12.1+, Safari
- Alerts do not work yet (you can set them in the event editor, but no
alert will be shown when they are triggered).
- Email reminders do not work yet (you will not be sent an email).
- Emails are not yet sent out to people invited to an event.
- An email is not currently sent when you respond to an invitation in
the calendar view.
- Integration with the mail part of our web UI (save attached event to
- Support for files attached to events.
- Support for calendar sharing between users in a family/business
- Support for subscribing to public iCal files and showing them in
- An easy way to import/export calendar data.
Please post bug reports, feature suggestions or other comments either in the forums or email us at email@example.com. We can't respond to everything, but we do read it all.